Monday, July 8, 2019

Back in Town

New annual sedum is doing so well at church!

The first day I ventured out in my old faithful Subaru was a Saturday, after returning home from Amsterdam on a Thursday evening just before dark.

I checked out my flowers at church. They seem to have thrived just fine without me!

I rinsed the filter and added algaecide to my uncle's waterfall pond. The growth of weeds on the property was staggering. I will never catch up!

But it was so good to be home!

Sunny skies and fluffy clouds were the same as we enjoyed most days in Europe. But wide streets, large cars, scant traffic and not a single bicycle in sight ... what a welcome contrast!

There is so much to remember ... 15 days, three countries and many cities. I don't know if I should even begin to document it here. Another Google photo book with captions will be made. A highlights post may have to suffice here.

I am so thankful we all survived with no illness or accident. I had some shin splint issues and tripped into an Amsterdam cheese shop just off Dam Square on the first day there, pulling a muscle (hamstring?). But I powered through it all, walking 5 miles some days ... if a little more slowly. I would catch up when the husband located a bench!

I was convinced that one of us would get mowed down by a bicycle in Amsterdam Central!

Europe was fun, but the USA is home--and that is where I am happy to remain for awhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment