![]() |
| Needed a new suitcase! |
What a lot of work it is to leave home (or the country) in the summertime!
Tonight I finished mowing the whole lawn. It was warm today, and humid. The riding mower is out of adjustment and needs to go in to the shop. So I had to do it.
When I finished I sprayed my plastic Birks off, stripped my clothes off in the laundry room and enjoyed a long shower.
My neighbor agreed to mow my lawn if needed while we are gone. He was so nice tonight! He will keep an eye on the house.
And O. stopped by to pick up some books to read, taking home my new plant from M. to "babysit."
The rest of my plants will be relegated to the cool basement laundry room, some of them in a tray of water for the two weeks.
Last week I finished the church gardens, spreading 2 1/2 yards of premium mulch ($36 a yard!) around all the pretty new plantings. I had some help, but there is nothing like doing things yourself, the way you want it done.
I am getting old, I am out of shape, and recently added a third prescription drug to the daily regimen. But somehow I get the backbreaking work done.
I spend my evenings on the couch, recuperating ... and usually I feel better in the morning!
Tomorrow is haircut day ... and maybe I will look for some new capris. And then final packing!
The trash will be out, the dishes done and the laundry finished.
But I have not dusted in weeks and things are more than a little cluttered around here. It will all be here when I get back. I have nothing big planned for the rest of the summer. There is the annual book club golf outing/day at the lake, and maybe a little celebrating of the big 7-0.
And no more vacations planned until October.
But what an exciting excursion has been planned!
Memories for a lifetime! Stay tuned!

No comments:
Post a Comment