It has been raining. For days. I thought of Noah.
I was beginning to feel a little cat-in-the-hat-ish:
"The sun did not shine. It was too wet to play. So we sat in the house, all that cold, cold wet day."
It was much too wet for my Thursday morning gardening angel volunteers.
So, waiting for the world to dry, I decided to go on a long shopping venture. That was fun ... and expensive!
HEATS ON! OCTOBER 4, 2019
This morning I did it ... I flipped the switch from cool to heat. I heard something about a low of 42 degrees...
And then I looked outside. The sun was finally out, brightening that wet green world!
Our area of West Michigan is reportedly two weeks behind schedule for fall color change. The rose hips above are the only bright color in the yard. Everything else is very green--it is the greenest October ever!
I like green. Outside.
Inside, I like beige and brown, black and white.
(Something very green is coming inside soon, however. I commissioned a large canvas for the husband's bath. My original beach idea has morphed into a golf theme. A golf rug is already in place. A painting of the iconic 12th hole of Augusta National is finished and ready for hanging on a very blank white wall! But it currently resides in a different city.)
My fall decor so far is setting out my wreath of black leaves! On the black gas stove is last year's (green) poinsettia, which I hope turns red for Christmas! I have been allowing a little red inside at Christmas time...


No comments:
Post a Comment