I couldn't think of a better choice for a late lunch with friends than Rose's on Reeds Lake. It was sunny and pleasant, although our view of the lake left us with a wintry feeling. We had a space heater keeping our feet warm under the table in the indoor/outdoor area.
We were celebrating after another successful blood draw!
It had been a long wait at Michigan Blood and we learned the hard way to never donate on a Saturday.
I was donating after just 59 days, but my iron level was adequate! (Still keeping those levels low!)
I was not ideally hydrated, but gave up my pint without too much trouble.
O. was over-hydrating (too much time in the restroom, lol) but her blood shot out of her in like 5 minutes!
It had been a long wait at Michigan Blood and we learned the hard way to never donate on a Saturday.
I was donating after just 59 days, but my iron level was adequate! (Still keeping those levels low!)
I was not ideally hydrated, but gave up my pint without too much trouble.
O. was over-hydrating (too much time in the restroom, lol) but her blood shot out of her in like 5 minutes!
So we have a tradition of "re-hydrating" with modest amounts of adult beverages (which is not suggested for 24 hours)! A pint for a pint is usual, but not this time (see below).
O. and I scarfed a tasty burger and J. had some pizza with avocado and BAD chicken--which was taken off her bill. I took the leftovers home for the husband and he removed the chicken and finished it!
I had a glass of orange juice after donating and left in five minutes, since there was no volunteer monitor. I felt just okay--and was not driving.
After the burger, which came with a pasta side (or root chips), and a shared can of a high gravity brew ... upon returning home I changed into comfy clothes, collapsed on the sofa and fell fast asleep. I actually felt weak, hot, full and heavy-headed.
I rested the rest of the evening. And I am just fine!
After the burger, which came with a pasta side (or root chips), and a shared can of a high gravity brew ... upon returning home I changed into comfy clothes, collapsed on the sofa and fell fast asleep. I actually felt weak, hot, full and heavy-headed.
I rested the rest of the evening. And I am just fine!
![]() |
| A can of very dark and interesting 12.4 percent Imperial Stout. Shared! |


No comments:
Post a Comment