Wednesday, February 6, 2019

From Florida to a Land of Ice



I flew Frontier Airlines from Florida on Monday, leaving the land of sunshine for fog and rain. My seatmate was former Coast Guard and warned me about landing in the fog...the pilot might have to divert and land in Detroit or something. But we made it and E. was there to pick me up.

So Tuesday night rain turned to ice and the world was a dull glassy grey all day long today.

My car windows finally thawed by afternoon, but the trees did not. I ventured out for a hamburger and drugs--my two prescriptions! And I took some ice photos.

I thought I had missed the worst of the weather. The whole city--schools, churches, shops and mail had been shut down for a few days. And now there are ice cancellations and some electrical outages.

But I am home--alone, warm, and sleeping in my own bed. I made some tea and instant maple oatmeal and kept a candle lit on top of the stove. I washed and cleaned. It is enough hygge for now.


This photo was taken near Culver's--you can guess why!

No comments:

Post a Comment